View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
They Might Be Giants
04-29-2012, 03:18 AM
They Might Be Giants
TMBG THREAD!

They Might Be Giants! Discuss and ponder the awesomeness and brilliance of TMBG!
Share stories from your youth, How you discovered the band, Favorite album, Favorite song, Favorite John!
Anything TMBG related! Podcast, new albums! Anything!

Okay so get discussing!
04-29-2012, 07:49 AM
RE: They Might Be Giants
was first introduced to them via Bird House in your Soul...
if you like this band, i'd love to sugjest The Aquabats, they're a good band!
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas!

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0180-5281
"Remember, robots are like bears, except in one key area: they are much, much, much - I really can't stress this enough - much less scared of you than you are of them." - Saxon Hale
04-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Not really sure what the generational gap around here is, but I know I like a lot of people I grew up with first heard them on that one episode of Tiny Toons which used a bunch of their songs. Then later on I found out they were a real, viable band with more than three songs.

I have missed the chance to see them live twice at this point.

"If you meet Arceus on the road, reduce his HP to zero." - Zen Pokōan
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I found out about it here, but my music interest has only started to grow. So, yeah.
05-01-2012, 06:36 AM
I first started listening to them when I was 11 I think. I've seen them in concert twice (once at the Orange Peel!) and I have 3/5th of the bands autographs. I'm not sure if I can pick a favorite album, but I'm really fond of Lincoln. I remember being really excited back in 2005 when the podcast first launched. Fun stuff.

[Image: FtVgr.png]

Bouncing Wailord: hashtagwearentfunny