View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Other podcasts
04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Music Other podcasts
If there's anything better than one podcast, it's additional podcasts! So here's a thread to promote your favorite non-BW-family ones.

I don't listen to any other Pokémon podcasts (honestly, I wouldn't even be listening to this garbage* if I didn't know the host), mostly listening to comedy and comic shows. More than I should probably list here, but favorites being Canadian free-association duo Stop Podcasting Yourself (and pretty much all the Max Fun shows), Paul F. Tompkin's improvised Dead Authors series, former BW guests Evie and Aaron's Awesomed By Comics podcast and the probably-not-for-everyone-but-I-love-it Todd Glass Show.

So what else is everyone listening to?

*Kidding, kidding!

"If you meet Arceus on the road, reduce his HP to zero." - Zen Pokōan
04-06-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: Other podcasts
This is included in "pretty much all the maximum fun shows" but I really enjoy Judge John Hodgman.

The They Might Be Giants podcast is great when they do it, and they just started up a new season (I remember when they first started the thing!).

The Art of Wrestling podcast with Colt Cabana is awesome. I love Colt Cabana so much I have two of his shirts, 6 pins, and two $5 Wrestling DVDs. He does really great interviews with wrestlers, and it's not uncommon for CM Punk to show up in the middle of it.

I enjoy the Review-A-Raw/impact/wai/ppv podcasts from John Polluck and Wai Ting. I really think we should have a dry Canadian on Bouncing Wailord because of them.
The PWTorch podcast is also pretty good, but the quality kills me.

[Image: FtVgr.png]

Bouncing Wailord: hashtagwearentfunny
04-07-2012, 07:02 AM
other than the BW family of podcasts i listen to striaton radio and its super effective. outside of pokemon i also listen to the nerdist

esse verum ad te
04-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm surprised Eseamus has not said something here yet. He listens to podcasts every waking hour

[Image: FtVgr.png]

Bouncing Wailord: hashtagwearentfunny
05-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I listen to Anime Pulse, Video Game Pulse, Manga Pulse, anncast, PSNation, retronauts, RPGamer, Rpg backtrack, otaku in review, Aftermath, 8-4 play, game scoop, podcast beyond, Keeping it reel, Nintendo voice chat, games dammit, Radio free nintendo and Connectivity. Those are all the ones I listen to since when I make pizza dough I have 5-12 hours to listen to podcats.
05-27-2012, 11:45 PM
In Alfabetacal order (how iPod orders them) I listen to: Bouncing Wailord, Elder Scrolls Off the Record, Escapist Podcast, GameTaffy Show, Geekshow Podcast, Hypothetical Help, The Incredible Podcast of Amazing Awesomeness, The Instance: World of Warcraft, It's Super Effective, The Movielicious, Radio from Hell, Rebel FM, Rooster Teeth Podcast, and The Shaft.

From Pokemon to Nerd/Gamer news, to movies, to Movies, to Minecraft, to World of Warcraft.
I think I've got most my genre's covered Smile
I give them all a recommendation Big Grin

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0180-5281
"Remember, robots are like bears, except in one key area: they are much, much, much - I really can't stress this enough - much less scared of you than you are of them." - Saxon Hale
05-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Since it's been a while since someone posited that I might have something to say here, I suppose I'll chime in with my current master list of podcasts I listen to.
  • A Way With Words
  • Answer Me This!
  • Awesomed By Comics
  • Chillpak Hollywood Hour
  • Comedy Above The Pub
  • Comedy Bang Bang
  • Comedy Film Nerds
  • Doug Loves Movies
  • FEaB
  • How Did This Get Made?
  • It's Super Effective
  • Jason Sims is Calling You
  • Jay and Silent Bob Get Old
  • Jordan, Jesse GO!
  • Judge John Hodgman
  • LRRcast
  • My Brother, My Brother And Me
  • Rhod Gilbert's Best Bits
  • RISK!
  • SModcast
  • Stop Podcasting Yourself
  • StriatonRadio
  • Talkin Toons with Rob Paulsen
  • Tell 'Em Steve-Dave!
  • The Best Show on WFMU
  • The Dead Authors Podcast
  • The Dork Forest
  • The Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show
  • The Legacy Music Hour
  • The Nerdist
  • The Pod F. Tompkast
  • The Questionauts
  • The Reel House
  • The Smartest Man in the World
  • This Week in Science
  • Thrilling Adventure Hour
  • Tim Sevenhuysen.com's Happy Friday
  • War Rocket Ajax

05-28-2012, 04:39 AM
My list seems weak compared to eSeamus but
anywho here they are! Been listening to podcasts since May 24, 2010, so two years holy cow. Anyway I'm putting links to their respective site so you can see what exactly they are.

Current Podcasts I listen to:
GoNintendo Podcast & GN Radio A news and goof off show for the site runner really, the radio show is hosted by another person and plays a great selection of game music.
It's Super Effective This seems obvious.
Laser Time * This is pretty much a continuation of talkradar (see below) and has a differnt topic or stlye every episode which is neat.
TMBG Podcast "This is a podcast for people who understand They Might Be Giants."
VGMpire section of LaserTime but focused on Video Game Music and the franchise they play and talk about changes from episode to episode.
Whachow!* Hilarious podcast with dirty jokes aplenty also home to "famous" interwebs people like the creator of YTAS and Kirbopher aka Khoury from the anime and maker of brawl taunts.
Technophiles Really cool and well produced technology show.

Defunct Podcasts
Pokemon Monday The first podcast I listened to was really big pre-BW and kinda fell of a couple weeks after BW was released.
TalkRadar* super funny, super dirty, and vida game talk.

So yeah there you go. Go ahead and check those other podcasts out if you want to.
Oh and I also listen to something called Bouncing Wailord... you probably haven't heard of it.
[*explicit]
05-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Art of Wrestling
Internet Box
Rooster Teeth Podcast/Drunk Tank
It's Super Effective
some times The Mega 64 Podcast
05-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Destructoid Podcast / Podtoid
The Comedy Button
IGN UK
It's Super Effective
EmongaCast
Metal Hammer (British Metal-related magazine/podcast)
YogPod, when I'm bored
Rooster Teeth's Drunk Tank