View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasures
04-04-2012, 02:58 AM
Guilty Pleasures
What are some shows that you would never admit to watching, or can't believe that you watch, but watch anyways?

For me it's New Girl. Zooey Deschanel pisses me off so bad in this show but I can't help but love her.

[Image: FtVgr.png]

Bouncing Wailord: hashtagwearentfunny
04-04-2012, 04:44 AM
RE: Guilty Pleasures
Australian Masterchef. This wouldn't be too bad had if I was Australian, or had ever been there, but no, im in England and don't even like the English Masterchef!

esse verum ad te
04-04-2012, 06:00 AM
It used to be Monster Quest, which was the worst of the worst for the cryptid/ghost-hunting shows but that's not on anymore. Now its not that the shows themselves so much are guilty pleasures, but the amount of Discovery and Travel shows (Dirty Jobs, Bizarre Foods, Mythbusters, Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, etc) I can watch in a sitting are probably indicative of a problem. Man Vs. Food especially. As someone who can't handle spicy foods, I watch that the way normal people watch horror movies.

"If you meet Arceus on the road, reduce his HP to zero." - Zen Pokōan
04-04-2012, 09:29 AM
My guilty pleasure is actually pokemon related! (but not tv related Sad )
I have the pokemon video game music on my ipod (along with normal music)
but yea... I enjoy listening to that sometimes

TV wise I don't watch anything unless I enjoy it... and I wouldn't call Psych or Heroes a guilty pleasure. Maybe The big bang theory? I watch that.
04-04-2012, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 03:37 PM by I am square.)
Get out of my TV thread then!

I have a new one. It's called Dating Rules From My Future Self. It's the best worst thing ever

From the producers of Gossip Girl, the story of a twenty-something looking for love with the help of her two best friends and secret texts from her future self.

I watched all the episodes today.

I can't stand Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, but if it's on I have to watch it. Watching the guy from Smash Mouth eat grosses me out but intrigues me at the same time. I feel the same way about Man vs Food. Back when I had satellite I would watch Food Network just to make fun of Giada De Laurentiis and the way she says any vaguely Italian word with an insane accent.

04-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I loooved most of the old reality dating shows. Flavor of Love, I Love New York, Rock of Love...god, I found them hilarious for whatever reason. I watch Jersey Shore occasionally, but it's not as funny/ridiculous as those old shows were.
04-17-2012, 10:54 PM
My 2 guilty pleasures would have to be Pawn Stars and Storage Wars. No matter how many times I watch the episodes I just can't get enough of these shows.
04-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Mine are Kitchen Nightmares, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Jerry Springer's Baggage.
04-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Nova on pbs I suppose, I don't have cable/comcast/netflix so I'm limited to local... Oh yeah I also like watching Charmed back when it was on air
04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
New Girl is becoming less of a pleasure to watch Sad
I have been watching this horrible show called Rosemary and Thyme on Netflix

A cozy mystery series set in a variety of lavishly beautiful English and European gardens, Rosemary & Thyme features two women in transition who are brought together by a sudden death and discover their shared love of the soil and natural inquisitiveness. Forced to reassess their lives, they hope their new-found friendship will lead to future gardening commissions, not more detective work.