View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pokémon Battle Evolution - Episode 10 Thread
11-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Pokémon Battle Evolution - Episode 10 Thread
[Image: PBE_010.png]

This week on Pokémon Battle Evolution, eSeamus is joined by Kelly from Striaton Radio to talk about theme teams.

Thanks to Alec and the unknown stranger for buying some packs for the show!

eSeamus's Battle Videos
VMYW-WWWW-WWWX-7DYM
AQ9W-WWWW-WWWX-HWQJ
ZF9W-WWWW-WWWX-HWST
HTKG-WWWW-WWWX-YZ5F
4U6G-WWWW-WWW2-6WJW
KP4G-WWWW-WWW2-6WYN
XAWG-WWWW-WWW2-6WYD
BJYG-WWWW-WWW2-6WYW

Feel free to submit topics for future episodes and art and flavor text for the Let's Make a Card feature! You can also submit decklists or Pokémon teams for future episodes!

Buy Pokémon Battle Evolution a booster pack and get a plug! Wishlist is here!

11-19-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: Pokémon Battle Evolution - Episode 10 Thread
I have a number of theme teams, mostly just characters attached to Pokemon without much thought as to their attacks and abilities and such. Most of them are of fairly little-known anime and video games, but I do have one I think most people are familiar with:

Sailor Moon Theme Team

I've thought of this team up as early as the first generation and it's gone through many tweaks with what character is what Pokemon. The nicknames can rendered as the actual Sailor Senshi/Scout, the Japanese citizen name or the English one.

Sailor Moon/Usagi/Serene
Pokemon: Clefable
Ability: Friend Guard
Moves: Moonblast, Moonlight, Cosmic Power, Metronome

Here's one that hasn't change in over a decade. Clefable's pre-evolved form Clefairy originally only lived in Mt. Moon and requires the Moon Stone to evolve. The Cleffa line already looks like they'd be a perfect mascot for a magical girl anime, so why not the quintessential one? Friend Guard is Clefable's Hidden Ability, and it fits with Sailor Moon being protective and loyal to her friends. Moonblast and Moonlight are obvious, one of Sailor Moon's transformation phrases is "Cosmic Moon Power, and "Moon Cosmic Power" is one of her wand attacks (even though the Pokemon move itself does not involve attacking), and Metronome because Sailor Moon changes her powers and abilities with every season of the anime

Sa(ilor) Mercury/Ami/Amy
Pokemon: Articuno
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Blizzard, Mind Reader, Hurricane, Freeze-Dry

This one, I admit, is weak. It's one I haven't change since the first generation and I can't think of a better Pokemon. An Ice/Water type might be best, but none of them really fit Mercury all that well. Neither Abilities really suites Mercury all that well, so Pressure for availability. Blizzard and Freeze-Dry are suppose to be like Mercury's Shine Aqua Illusion attack and Hurricane like her Mercury Aqua Rhapsody. Mind Reader is to mimic her mini-computer which she uses to analyze enemies. It's too bad Articuno can no longer learn Bubble Beam like it could in gen 1, as that would be like Mercury's Bubbles/Freeze Bubbles.

Sailor Venus/Minako/Mina
Pokemon: Milotic
Ability: Marvel Scale
Moves: Hyper Beam, Captivate, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse

Sailor Venus herself often claims her speeches that she represents love and beauty, much like the goddess. Milotic is strongly linked to beauty, even though Feebas no longer needs it to evolve. Otherwise, any pretty Pokemon with the ability to learn Hyper Beam, to mimic her Venus Crescent Beam move, would work. Although stretches, I suppose Dragon Pulse and Water Pulse can be likened to her Cresent Beams and Venus Love Chain Whip. Captivate is because she has a tendency to jump off of high places and be a bit of a show-off.

Sailor Mars/Rei/Raye
Pokemon: Delphox
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Mystical Fire, Future Sight, Fire Blast, Psyshock

At first I figured any Fire type would do, and for the longest time, it was Charizard. Then the Fennekin line came along, and I knew it would be a perfect fit for Sailor Mars. Other than being a Sailor Senshi, Mars is a shrine maiden and has psychic powers. The Blaze ability can perhaps be likened to her temper. Mystical Fire since she can read fire, Fire Blast is for her Mars Celestial Fire, Future Sight for her ability to sense things, and Psyshock for her "spell tags" which she uses to immobilize enemies (none of Delphox's moves can paralyze, to my knowledge).

Sa(ilor) Jupiter/Makoto/Lita
Pokemon: Luxray
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Double Kick, Roar, Discharge, Wild Charge

If only there were an Electric/Fighting type. For now though, nearly any Electric-type will do. Sailor Jupiter has a very competitive nature and scares those who aren't her friend. As such, Intimidate is the more appropriate Ability. Double Kick is for her marital arts, Discharge and Wild Charge are for her many Lightning moves, and Roar for that scaring people-thing. If only Luxray could learn Zap Cannon or Electro Ball, as that would be similar to Jupiter's Sparkling Wide Pressure.

Sailor Pluto/Setsuna/Trista
Pokemon: Celebi
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Perish Song, Ancient Power, Future Sight, Shadow Ball

Of the two time-related Legendaries, I can more see Sailor Pluto as a Celebi than Dialga. Sailor Pluto guards the door of time and even has the ability to stop it (though she is forbidden to do so). She's a very secretive Sailor as well, so that fits with Celebi being a Mythical Pokemon/Event Legendary. Out of the other Outer Senshi, she's the one most willing to work with Sailor Moon, so thus why I picked her instead of Sailors Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Perish Song and Shadow Ball are to mimic her single attack in the anime, Dead Scream. Ancient Power and Future Sight are references to her being the guardian of time and being older than she appears.

Oh gods, I'm a dork Tongue