View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do any of you play instruments and/or write music?
03-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Do any of you play instruments and/or write music?
Just wondering if I have any fellow musicians out there. Smile

I'm a classically trained pianist (nearing 8 years of experience), played clarinet in school for a while (5 years), and also play drums (3ish years). I play the ocarina as well. Big Grin

You can probably tell I'm fairly passionate about music, I think it's an incredible art form that is vastly underappreciated nowadays. I try to write a bit of music from time to time because it's an incredible stress reliever and it's something I can easily lose myself in for hours at a time.

Anyway, enough about me! Tell me about yourselves, Wailmers!

[Image: AXAh1.png]
03-27-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Do any of you play instruments and/or write music?
I played trumpet for 3 years and baritone horn for 4. I really wish I could find a cheapish decent trumpet at a pawn shop or something. I really miss playing.

I own a guitar, and that has to count for something, right?

[Image: FtVgr.png]

Bouncing Wailord: hashtagwearentfunny
03-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Cool stuff, LightRai. Big Grin

I took piano lessons for 6 years and was probably at an intermediate level right around the time I quit, but now I can barely play anything that requires two hands unless I do it verrrry slowly. Pathetic, I know.

I played viola throughout middle school, high school, and college. I'm still pretty good, but I haven't played in a while.

As far as writing music goes, I took a music theory course and had to compose a 5-minute or so piece. I remember the basics of writing music, key signatures and important chords and whatnot, and could probably put together something halfway decent on Finale, but that's about it. I envy people with natural innate talent!
03-31-2012, 05:18 PM
I've played guitar for two years, bass guitar for a year and trumpet for about nine years now (I'm at grade 5, just didn't do any more) ^_^ I'm playing bass in a hard rock/alternative rock band, might be doing vocals too, and we're starting to write some songs and riffs, but it's far from professional :L
04-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I played flute for 5 years in school; I still play occasionally but I no longer have the luxary of time to play everyday. Occasonly I write some music but it rarly gets shared.
04-16-2012, 08:02 AM
I took piano and clarinet as a child, but I don't play anything now...
I have forgotten how to read music but I can poke out melodies on the piano from memory