View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pokémon Battle Evolution - Episode 1 Thread
08-19-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 03:39 PM by eSeamus.)
Pokémon Battle Evolution - Episode 1 Thread
[Image: PBE_001.png]

Welcome to Pokémon Battle Evolution! This podcast looks at casual and limited play in both the TCG and video games.

Join eSeamus as he explores the less competitive side of Pokémon.

[Image: SMYM_001A.png]
[Image: SMYM_001B.png]
[Image: SMYM_001C.png]

[Image: LMAC_001.png]

Feel free to submit topics for future episodes and art for the Let's Make a Card feature!
08-20-2013, 09:08 AM
RE: Pokémon Battle Evolution - Episode 1 Thread
This is a team I was fucking around with, which the gimmick should be pretty obvious and hilarious.
http://i.imgur.com/zNlbN9Y.png

[Image: E75Uath.png?1]

KingOGreen2.0@bouncingwailord.com
08-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Could you possibly do an episode on Nuzlockes, and give your opinion on what fans will do to make the games more challenging?
08-21-2013, 10:00 AM
(08-21-2013 04:49 AM)REC7 Wrote:  Could you possibly do an episode on Nuzlockes, and give your opinion on what fans will do to make the games more challenging?

I'll probably end up doing an episode on emergent gameplay in Pokémon at some point. There are so many different ways to play the Pokémon games (both TCG and video games) that change the way you look at them.
08-21-2013, 01:02 PM
I can't think of a whole team idea, but a suicide lead Electrode with a Normal Gem boosted Explosion would pretty silly/great.
08-22-2013, 07:49 AM
(08-21-2013 01:02 PM)cat loaf Wrote:  I can't think of a whole team idea, but a suicide lead Electrode with a Normal Gem boosted Explosion would pretty silly/great.

I ran something similar to that back in the beginning days of generation five competitive, except it was a bit more serious and was there for setting up rain for a swords dance qwilfish.

Additionally, listening to the episode right now, and seeing any pokemon in a flying battle using dig would be pretty funny, but Gamefreak might have something to prevent that, but then again they went out of their way to make splash do nothing under gravity.

Personally, megaevolutions might drive some casual players away from the games, I know some people at my league aren't happy about it. Some were going to stop getting the games entirely if megaevolutions were going to be permanent evolutions for the pokemon.
08-22-2013, 02:06 PM
(08-22-2013 07:49 AM)REC7 Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 01:02 PM)cat loaf Wrote:  I can't think of a whole team idea, but a suicide lead Electrode with a Normal Gem boosted Explosion would pretty silly/great.

I ran something similar to that back in the beginning days of generation five competitive, except it was a bit more serious and was there for setting up rain for a swords dance qwilfish.

Additionally, listening to the episode right now, and seeing any pokemon in a flying battle using dig would be pretty funny, but Gamefreak might have something to prevent that, but then again they went out of their way to make splash do nothing under gravity.

Personally, megaevolutions might drive some casual players away from the games, I know some people at my league aren't happy about it. Some were going to stop getting the games entirely if megaevolutions were going to be permanent evolutions for the pokemon.

Really? That's a shame. I think the Mega Evolutions could be pretty fun. And from what I understand, Mega Evolutions only occur during battle and require an item, so if certain players don't like them they don't have to use them at all.
08-24-2013, 10:05 AM
(08-22-2013 02:06 PM)cat loaf Wrote:  
(08-22-2013 07:49 AM)REC7 Wrote:  

Really? That's a shame. I think the Mega Evolutions could be pretty fun. And from what I understand, Mega Evolutions only occur during battle and require an item, so if certain players don't like them they don't have to use them at all.

I think the Mega Evolutions might make the VGCs for 2014 a bit crazy and only being able to use one in a battle is quite a nice lock out for overpowering teams. My league members weren't even phased by the Mega Evolutions.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." - Karen