View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question of the Week [1-20-13]
01-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Question of the Week [1-20-13]
So for this week I figured I'd do a non-pokemon question. I mentioned Katawa Shoujo, so I figured I'd ask. What are People's guilty Pleasures? Harmless things like my love of weird Visual Novels for example. Also, my love of the "Mysterious Girlfriend X" manga. Don't be afraid to share we don't judge. Smile

[Image: E75Uath.png?1]

KingOGreen2.0@bouncingwailord.com
01-22-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Question of the Week [1-20-13]
My guilty pleasure is my love for every movie Gabrielle Union is in. She's sooo perfect! Tongue
01-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Guilty pleasures ay? Well it pretty much is all pokemon related. Other than that Pixar and Studio Ghibli sit quite high on my list

esse verum ad te
01-24-2013, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 11:14 AM by Strawberry Eggs.)
Well, the Pokemon movies certainly count, but this is suppose to be non-Pokemon, right? Video games developed by Imageepoch certainly count for me. Luminous Arc is a cliche-ridden by-the-book strategy RPG, but its tongue-in-cheek antics and excellent localized script still win me over. Luminous Arc 2 is a superior game in virtually every way, but certain parts of the story are contrieved. Sands of Destruction is my ultimate love-hate relationship game with some neat ideas that could have been executed a lot better. Arc Rise Fantasia has a fantastic battle system, excellent music, and decent story and characters, but Ignition Entertainment's hack job localization (especially in voice acting) prevents this game from being one of the best JRPGs in recent years.

Another would be the manga The Wallflower. The series is far too long (30 volumes and counting), character development has slowed to a stand-still, and any progress made in Sunako and Kyohei's relationship is usually set back to zero by one stupid thing or another. I complain with every new volume read that the manga artist should just end this series already, and yet I still buy them. Tongue For all my complaints, I still enjoy them.
01-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I guess this is kinda a guilty pleasure. I read the Naruto Manga. I just want it to end. I've seen it from the start when it aired on Toonami, and lost interest when Shippuden started. But I jumped into the middle of the Anime and caught up to the airing show, So I caught up on the manga and now wait every week for the new chapter.
01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
My biggest guilty pleasure has to be Cthulhu Saves the World. I find the game funny, but I just don't like JRPGs in general.
01-28-2013, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 06:14 AM by TheMagicalDolphinOfTime.)
Hmm, well, I love Sgt. Frog, RideBack and Persona 4 The Animation, those are some obscure animes, but I also like listening to my own music, so, that could be a guilty pleasure I guess. I'm not really sure what I do that's strange, lel.
(01-24-2013 04:06 AM)Strawberry Eggs Wrote:  Well, the Pokemon movies certainly count, but this is suppose to be non-Pokemon, right? Video games developed by Imageepoch certainly count for me. Luminous Arc is a cliche-ridden by-the-book strategy RPG, but its tongue-in-cheek antics and excellent localized script still win me over. Luminous Arc 2 is a superior game in virtually every way, but certain parts of the story are contrieved. Sands of Destruction is my ultimate love-hate relationship game with some neat ideas that could have been executed a lot better. Arc Rise Fantasia has a fantastic battle system, excellent music, and decent story and characters, but Ignition Entertainment's hack job localization (especially in voice acting) prevents this game from being one of the best JRPGs in recent years.

Another would be the manga The Wallflower. The series is far too long (30 volumes and counting), character development has slowed to a stand-still, and any progress made in Sunako and Kyohei's relationship is usually set back to zero by one stupid thing or another. I complain with every new volume read that the manga artist should just end this series already, and yet I still buy them. Tongue For all my complaints, I still enjoy them.

Man, I love Sands of Destruction, the anime was great as well, and Luminous Arc was very fun.

You, you reading this, bake me a cake!
01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Okay lesson learned, less personal questions. Or more tactfully asked questions.

[Image: E75Uath.png?1]

KingOGreen2.0@bouncingwailord.com
Thread Closed