View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remember these?
06-13-2012, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 01:05 AM by cat loaf.)
Remember these?
Ah, the old PokeGod myths...here's an entire page about it. I'm not gonna lie, I read through the whole thing just now. Pretty interesting considering how quickly these myths spread back in the day.

http://www.blue-reflections.net/ragecand.../pokegods/
06-13-2012, 04:52 AM
RE: Remember these?
Oh I remember being confused about who Ho-Oh and Marill or 'Pikablu' were! And I didn't know Snubull was a God ;P
06-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I remember the pikablu rumor I just wished and hoped Pikachu would evolve in to a water type. Those where fun days.
06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Those were indeed the days. I remember all of the crazy Doomsay, Doomsday, and Hifishi stuff, and spending hours trying to get these so-called Pokegods with fake cheat codes from the internet. I was so naive. I even remember one "secret" my friend told me about where if you played with your Red/Blue cartridge half out of the slot (but positioned so that you could still turn it on and play) and THEN went and surfed along the coast near the Power Plant, you could get Togepi. Hah. We would believe ANYTHING back then...anything to keep us playing.
06-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Wow.
Well, I think my new favorite Pokémon is Anthrax now.
10-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Oddly in my school, we seem to have had "local gods" as well as unique cheats (though maybe these were just lost to time and were once on someone's Geocities pages or something.) For instance, Ho-oh was called "Lucky," and according to one often cited code, you could encounter "Lucky" in Viridian Forest after catching 151 Pokemon. It would apparently just be a random encounter in the grass. Tongue There's one whose name escapes me, but was described as looking likes (or possibly evolving from) Executor and had three heads.
10-26-2012, 03:52 AM
That was a really cool article!

esse verum ad te
11-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Looking at this, I remember learning about the Missingno glitch for the first time. Took me a while to do it, but I learned that you actually stack the Missingno glitch depending on what name you had. I'm pretty sure that I had gotten a level 151 Mewtwo or something similar to that, until I tried to remove a Missingno from my box, completely wrecked my save file.