View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pet Peeves
06-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Pet Peeves
What are some little things that bother you? I know I have way too many.

-Waiting in line only to see people butt ahead of you.
-People who lack basic manners. I used to work in customer service, and I can't tell you how hard it was for some people to say "thank you" or "you're welcome."
-People who complain about their weight, but do nothing at all to change it.
-Small talk. I go out of my way to avoid having to do it. If I see an acquaintance from high school at the mall, for example, I'll usually try to avoid their line of sight (Pokemon style) to get out of an awkward conversation.
-People who judge you based on what you do. I have a full time job right now but it's nothing great, mostly because I'm also working my way through grad school. Some of my relatives have the nerve to wonder why I'm not at a job where I don't get salary, yet they fail to realize I'm also doing my MA which takes up more time but should give me more options. Leave me alone and let me do my own thing. Blech.

I'm sure I have more, but those are what immediately came to mind. How about you guys?
06-14-2012, 06:58 AM
RE: Pet Peeves
not trying to one up you but,
People who complain, and do nothing at all to change it
also people who like insulting things for no reason.
06-14-2012, 07:26 AM
- When people talk about nothing but themselves. Someone I know will always try and direct the conversation to them, or try and make it at least relate to them -_-
- Stereotyping, and associating people from the way they look. It's a very narrow-minded thing to do, but so many people in my college do it
- When people complain about having crusts on their sandwiches, I love the crusts! Tongue
I also don't like small talk either, when A Wild Mutual Friend appears I try not to stay that long!
06-15-2012, 01:24 PM
I do the same thing, SionTheSheep. I always try to relate what I'm saying to the person I'm talking to, and it kind of sucks when they don't really return the favor.

Wild Mutual Friends can definitely be an issue sometimes, though I'd say they're much better than Random Acquaintances from High School.
07-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Goodness where to start....
-people that request a forum but never visit it after they get it.
-older people that forget back when they were young life was different then now. ie. 'back when I was 18 I left my home and went to NY and started working.' (My father) Well as we know now life don't roll that way much.
-people you only hung out with once in high school and now make small talk with you anytime they see you.
-the biggest of all for me is...leaving the one I love in a place that I got away from because we need to leave there and now waiting until she comes out here to be with me. It's something that upsets and saddens me.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." - Karen