View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movies made from books good or bad?
06-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Movies made from books good or bad?
So what are your opinions, who have the movies that do the books justice like Lord of the Rings, The movies that are good but not really associated with the book, like Narnia, and the movies that are bad and don't really follow the book like Eragon. So what your opinion good bad situtional or indiffrentExclamation
06-04-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: Movies made from books good or bad?
It's a comic book but I really enjoyed what they did with the Scott Pilgrim movie.

I was not a huge fan of the film adaptation of the Series of Unfortunate events books though.

[Image: FtVgr.png]

Bouncing Wailord: hashtagwearentfunny
06-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Did Artimis Foul ever get a movie?? Those were some good non traditional fantasy books.

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0180-5281
"Remember, robots are like bears, except in one key area: they are much, much, much - I really can't stress this enough - much less scared of you than you are of them." - Saxon Hale
06-05-2012, 05:56 AM
I have no issue with it as long as the film is good. its a different medium and stories are told in different ways.

esse verum ad te
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Square beat me to it.
06-09-2012, 01:29 PM
They can be good like Rising Sun but for me they can be really bad like Along Came a Spider and Kiss The Girls.
06-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Another ruined book is Darren Shan, if it had the same budget as Twilight then they could have done a trilogy as a film each year for four years, and it would have been awesome! I was really looking forward to it D:
06-15-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm one of those people who doesn't really mind when changes are made to the source material as long as it's done well. There are exceptions, of course, but I actually LIKE the movie to be a bit different than the material it's based on. Why do I want to see an EXACT rehashing of the book I just read? I enjoy when the movie version offers me something new and a bit different.
06-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Percy Jackson is my worst favorite movie of all time. 'Nuff said.

Idea How about that? skyler024.podbean.com